Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions

Happy New Year to one and all! ;)

Indeed, 2010 has flown by so quickly and we now sit in the first few days of 2011. How was 2010 for you? For me, and for many people I believe, was on roller-coaster ride! Many highs as well as many lows. But in the midst of all this, I thank God for being with me in each and every one of my highs and lows.

One of the highs of 2010 was the passing of my Traffic Police test! It was my second attempt and I passed with 18 points! This is the passing marks required to get a license. Anything above 18 points and, I would have to book another test date and that means spending more money again. Indeed, God was there with me for both test, my failed one and the one I eventually passed. For the failed one, I went for the test having had a bout of diarrhea and vomiting just as I was leaving my house. It baffled me how such a thing had happened. I had to take medications and as such, it induced drowsiness. To cut a long story short, the medication affected my judgment and eventually cost me to fail. I was disappointed to say the least. But, I chose to look to God and talk to Him and told Him how I felt. I then decided to book another test date.

On my second attempt, I didn't have any bout of diarrhea or vomiting. But I was a little apprehensive as, compared to my first attempt, I had gone for just 2 refresher lessons leading up to the test. And during the test itself, I could have easily failed if God had not intervened at a specific and crucial time for me to perform a specific turn as per instructed by the tester to do so. I was really thankful that God heard my prayers and that He willed for me to have passed the test!

Now to 2011. My resolutions? To read through the Bible from start to finish, within a year. I never have read the Bible in such a manner. I want to do this because I believe, God has reiterated to me of His desire for me to do so. Personally, I want to grow and deepen my relationship with God and what better way than to read the Bible! My other resolution is to run a marathon. A daunting task but, I want to do this. I want to start preparing early and by the end of 2011, run a 42km marathon! I have loads to work on till then!

Finally, I have neglected blogging in the past months on 2010 and so, I want to take a more ardent approach in blogging.

I wish you all the best for 2011! God bless!

In His grip and fervor,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment