Sunday, February 19, 2012

Atheism

At any one time, will anyone term a Christian as being an atheist? Sounds weird?

Truth be told, many Christians live their lives as being Christianatheist. Believing in God yet, not living their lives out as desired by God. Looking at my own life, there have been times I have behaved as such. I love God. I really do. But there are times where my behaviour and actions did not reflect that of being a believer in Jesus.

It is one thing to admit to being one and another, to carry on living as one. We are Christianatheist for various reasons. Possibly, we do not feel loved by God because of the way our life is going or we may have shifted our focus from Jesus to the other things that demand our time and attention.

The one way to come out of being a Christianatheist is, going to back to God by basking in His love for us. The love that never changes no matter what. We may feel that maybe we are undeserving of such love but know this- God does love us and His love is unfailing. It is something so amazing yet profound.

I have begun reading a book titled "The Christianatheist" by Craig Groeschel. I've read 3 chapters so far and each chapter has left an impression on me. It made me want to come forward to confess that truly I have not loved God as much as I should and be thankful for what He has done and will continue to do in my life.

My spiritual life isn't how I would like it to be. That's because I have allowed to be as such and I have to change this. Indeed I need God's grace more than ever as I battle with feelings of insignificance and handling the unknowns that will be heading my way.

Just like the prodigal son, I want to run back to my Father and be in His embrace. It is never too late to want to come into His presence again and to live a life feeling blessed and happy, in spite of the bumps along the way on this journey called Life.

I pray that whatever state that you are in and feel that you want to yearn for God or just want to return to Him, that you give yourself that chance to do so and not tell yourself that you are undeserving of such a amazing love and of a God that forgives and wants you to love Him with all your heart and soul.

In His grip and fervour,
Mark Kesavan

No comments:

Post a Comment