Monday, June 7, 2010

Trust

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me" John 14:1

There are times in our lives where we feel that everything seems to go against us. We think about why such things are happening to us and we wonder what is that we can do to change things around. At this moment in time, I am going through such a phase.

For the past week or so, I have been thinking about many things. Things that I find difficult to understand and wonder, is there anything that I can do or should maybe consider changing that would bring about much needed calm in my heart.

You know how people ask themselves, " can things get any worse?", and it does after saying so? Such a outcome happened to me. And with such an outcome comes a flurry of emotions that just sweeps you over and engulfs you. I was filled with various thoughts. I just could not contain myself from feeling the way I did.

A certain incident occurred recently, that had made me question the trust in a certain decision made that I was unhappy about. Deeply, I felt the decision should have been made otherwise. Thus, I questioned that very decision. I just could not understand why such a decision has to be made and not what I explained it should be instead.

I spent some time going over in my head to the point where, I had a headache-literally. I just could not accept it. It was like a giant bitter pill that I had in my mouth that I just could not swallow.

God works in wonderful ways, both small and big. In my case, it was small but it had a big impact. It came in the form of a verse. A short but meaningful verse that spoke to my heart at that very moment. Immediately, I knew what I was doing wrong. I was not trusting in God. All these issues that were troubling my heart up to that point, were not placed in the trust that God will see me through.

The verse was the glass of water I needed to allow me to swallow the huge bitter pill. That in that pill was also God's love and healing for me. I just have to trust that the pill will work. I will admit that it is not easy, but it does help to know that God is with me. I have to learn to trust Him more, especially so in this particular period.

If you are going through such a period, I pray that God speaks to you the way that He did to me. Let's not doubt the trust we have in Him but instead, look to Him for the strength to control the emotions and the godly wisdom to handle such situations that may occur in future to ourselves or even to people around us.

In His grip and fervour,

Mark Kesavan

No comments:

Post a Comment